Business Development Director
This is a direct hire position.
Job is remote but we are limiting hiring to specific cities: Houston, Austin, Dallas, Boston, Atlanta, NYC, Chicago, D.C.
About this position:
Be the trailblazer! This is no ordinary business development role. We’re looking for a bold adventurer to unearth hidden treasure with untapped employer partnerships. If you thrive on creating impact and building opportunities that change lives, all while shaping the future of our workforce, then YUPRO Placement is the place for you! We are an award-winning, mission-driven team looking for our next business development director to grow with us! This role will support the growth of the organization and increase our market share by researching, locating, developing, defining, and securing employer relationships that result in revenue and headcount growth year over year, while making an impact in the skills-first hiring movement.
- Conduct sales meetings and negotiate with stakeholders to secure new employer partner agreements; supports business by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; and integrating contract requirements with client delivery.
- Drive revenue results improvement year over year to meet budget requirements, increased talent placement and specific industry trends in growth and placements.
- Work cross-functionally to proactively support root cause areas of improvement that results in industry-leading client satisfaction scores.
- Sales actions such as: relationship building and business expansion, conducting business reviews, networking, identifying new opportunities, collaborating with team on solution designs, client negotiation, and agreement execution.
- Meet role requirements in sales pipeline and headcount on assignment goals which may be set annually, with the option to update quarterly based trends and real-time results.
- Manage each stage of the sales pipeline with vigilance that results in close ratio goals which may be set annually to ensure sustainability and viability of consistent new business.
- Penetrate client verticals to drive new business opportunities, while developing new client champions, and overcoming new sales objections in order to diversify our engagement within each client account.
- Coordinate and marshal internal resources to maximize the value of each client relationship that focuses
- Identify client talent needs and translate these needs internally to collaborate on solutions, then present the recommended solution to respond to client placement priorities.
Key Areas of Consideration:
- Ability to meet all job requirements and sales goals working remotely, through use of telephone, video calls, and email with minimal travel required to accomplish sales goals.
- Multiple years consultative selling experience with demonstrated skills in cold outreach, warm outreach, needs analysis, solution selling, overcoming objectives, negotiating terms, and securing new business that drives value for all parties.
- Demonstrated ability to generate new business leads, negotiate terms, and secure new business.
- Strong organizational and time management skills in a remote environment.
- Consummate networking skills with an ability to move comfortably and credibly in the community with examples of securing new business opportunities through networking.
- Ability to engage effectively and resourcefully with C-level stakeholders and lead productive business meetings managing a meeting agenda.
- Ability to collaborate across teams, across organizations, identify areas of improvement, facilitate difficult conversations, and resolve issues.
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in both the workplace and client interactions.
- Ability to empathize and understand the challenges faced by traditionally underrepresented talent towards access to both educational and professional resources, and barriers to job placement due to systemic equity workforce challenges.
- Upholds the attitude that in a growing organization, everyone jumps in where needed, thus is willing to jump in for projects or tasks when requested to ensure the success of the team and the organization.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary: 90K + commissions
- Salaried position with opportunity to earn uncapped commissions.
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, voluntary life insurance, mobile phone allowance, 401k, and EAP.
- 15 paid company holidays, 200 prorated hours PTO, 40 prorated hours of sick time annually.
YUPRO Placement is the nation’s leading skills-first placement firm placing and promoting historically overlooked talent into permanent hire, apprenticeship, and contract job assignments. We represent clients who support skills first inclusive hiring practices. YUPRO Placement is an equal opportunity employer.